Friday 23 March 2012

Making Rings & Things

Such a beautiful day! Spring is definitely in the air and when you see bumble bees in the garden you know that those long days of British summertime are around the corner.

outside of my workshop today

I have been working on making some stacking rings today as part of my "I Want a Fairy Tale" series and I love them. The alchemy of working with silver and gold never fails to fascinate me, it is so magical how a piece of blackened and beaten wire can be formed, cleaned and polished in to a precious piece of jewellery. A piece of jewellery that can mean so much to it's wearer.
Yep, days like today make me think it wasn't so bad to quit my job and have a go at making jewellery full time. I know it isn't going to be easy, but if you don't try you'll never know, right?
Well here are a few of the stacking rings for you to have a look at, I think I want to work on the detailing a little, but I do quite like the simplicity of these for now.

"We're all mad here" said the Cheshire cat
"He kissed her & she awoke"




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...