Saturday 24 March 2012

Vintage Storage


I know vintage is a slightly over used term now, but I still love it. I have always enjoyed snooping around flea markets and antique stores, so when I needed to find some storage for my obscene amount of shoes and bags where better to look than the giant collectors fair at Shepton Mallet. There are huge markets at the Bath & West Showground quite regularly, and it's a great day out for vintage lovers like myself. When I was there I managed to pick up a couple of 1930's luggage trunks for £20, just the thing for some under bed storage.
All they needed was a good clean, although I had to be careful not to ruin the original rail travel labels on them. Then I lined them with some pretty wallpaper scraps that I was trying to find a use for.













This is a great way to add a bit of style to the everyday problem of storage, so go out hunting and see what bargains you can pick up.

I did say it was an obscene amount!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...