Friday 21 December 2012

Busy With Bakes & Makes

I'm very late writing up today, but I can't complain as I've been fulfilling some last minute Christmas orders!
I have also done some baking today, whipping up a batch of chestnut and brandy jam and my first round of marzipan mince pies. I thought you might like the mince pie recipe for any easy last minute bakes this weekend...

Ingredients

220g plain flour
100g unsalted butter, cubed
Pinch of salt
3 tbsp cold water
Mincemeat mixture
Marzipan

Method

• Preheat oven to 200*c/gas mark6

• Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Rub in the butter to create a rough sand texture.

• Sprinkle water in to the bowl and lightly work mixture into a ball.

• Wrap in cling wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.

• Roll out to a thickness of approx. 3mm and cut out enough circles to fill your greased tray (usually 12).
Press the pastry discs into the tray.

• Roll the marzipan out thinly and place a small disc in each pastry cup. Spoon a teaspoon of mincemeat on top of the marzipan.
For the lids I cut star shapes from the rolled out pastry and placed them on top of the mincemeat.

• Finish with a milk wash and bake for 20 minutes, or till golden.




Enjoy xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! These look so pretty and Yummy. I hope its ok, I had to pin your picture to my Christmas board on pinterest...

    http://pinterest.com/emmaknitted/c-h-r-i-s-t-m-a-s/

    I hope you have a Merry Christmas!
    Emma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, thank you. I'm glad you like the look of them. The marzipan does give an extra deliciousness.

      Have a great Christmas xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...